Town of Dracut
Senior Citizens Property Tax Work Off Program 2014
Eligible senior citizens can work 62.5 hours in a town department during 2014 and receive $500.00 off their 2015 property tax bill.
To be eligible for this program an applicant must:
1. Be 60 years of age or older.
2. A homeowner or current spouse of the homeowner.
3. Reside in the Town of Dracut.
4. Occupy the property for which taxes are paid.
5. Present a copy of the current property tax notice upon application to the program.
6. Be retired and not working as of January 1st of the program year.
7. Work 62.5 hours in the program 2014 year in order to receive a $500.00 credit to their
tax bill in the year 2015.
8. The taxpayer may not be receiving any other abatement or exemption from the town.
Income levels are to be based on the 2013 Massachusetts State Circuit Breaker Credit. Income to be verified via Income Tax return, first two pages of the 2012 1040 form. If the applicant does not file taxes, form 4506-T will need to be completed.
Please apply at:
Dracut Council on Aging
951 Mammoth Rd
Dracut, Ma 01826
- Additional Staff
- Health Services
- Lecture Series
- Lowell Regional Transit Authority
- NeedyMeds -Help with Cost of Meds
- Outreach Program for Homebound and Active Seniors
- Recreation & Socialization
- Tax Rebate Program 2014
- Transportation Program
- Veterans Northeast Outreach Center, Inc.
- Volunteer Programs