Town of Dracut
Senior Citizens Property Tax Work Off Program 2013
Eligible senior citizens can work 62.5 hours in a town department during 2013 and receive $500.00 off their 2014 property tax bill.
To be eligible for this program an applicant must:
1. Be 60 years of age or older.
2. A homeowner or current spouse of the homeowner.
3. Reside in the Town of Dracut.
4. Occupy the property for which taxes are paid.
5. Present a copy of the current property tax notice upon application to the program.
6. Be retired and not working as of January 1st of the program year.
7. Work 62.5 hours in the program 2013 year in order to receive a $500.00 credit to their
tax bill in the year 2014.
8. The taxpayer may not be receiving any other abatement or exemption from the town.
Income levels are to be based on the 2012 Massachusetts State Circuit Breaker Credit.Income to be verified via Income Tax return, first two pages of the 2011 1040 form. If the applicant does not file taxes, form 4506-T will need to be completed.
Application period to be the month of December2012 and apply at:
Dracut Council on Aging
951 Mammoth Rd
Dracut, Ma 01826
At the end of the application period all applicants who are deemed income eligible will be placed in a lottery. Two Dracut Council on Aging Board Members will draw 50 applicants who will then be matched to a position depending on their qualifications. If there are more than 50 applicants, their applications will be placed on file should a participant drop out of the program the remaining applications on file will then be placed in a lottery and the same process will be repeated.